To avoid extra costs in your home and to be able to save money, you can do your own little things to keep your garage door running smoothly. One of the simple things that you can do to your garage door without endangering your safety is to lubricate your garage door. Here is a guideline for doing the task safely and effectively.
- Take precautions before starting with the task. For instance, never manually handle or touch anything in your garage door without turning off the power switch off first. You can get serious injuries and have an accident without doing this little precaution.
- Always consider your safety and never take risks when handling your automated garage door parts.
- Prepare all the things you will need for lubricating the garage door such as the oil, rags, and other materials.
- Make sure that you clean the parts first before putting in the lubrication. You can do this by using some brushes to dust of the dirt and fibers that may have become lodged in the parts of your automated garage door. Next, you can wipe the parts with soapy water and make sure to let it dry first before lubricating.
- Lubricate the parts that need lubrication. Be careful that you do not put oil on the parts that need to be dry and not slippery. So it would also be helpful to know beforehand what parts will need the lubrication such as the springs, rollers, tracks, etc. But to be safe, you can contact your garage door distributor or the store where you bought it and ask if it is safe to apply lubrication to these parts of the garage door.
- Finally, you can always call and ask for professional help. They can help you to lubricate your garage door and you can learn from them so that you can do this by yourself the next time.